Easy Recipe: Coconut Curry Chicken
Cooking food can be a tricky task if you're in a hurry so here’s an easy recipe for a tasty coconut chicken curry.
Making something to eat when you’re stuck for time can be hard, especially if you’re looking for something that’s both tasty and easy to make. So here’s a five-ingredient recipe for a chicken curry that will have you coming back for seconds.
Coconut Curry Chicken
What you’ll need:
1 and a half cups of plain white rice
2 teaspoons curry powder
400ml can of coconut milk
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut into strips
2 teaspoons five-spice powder
What to do:
1. First things first. You’ll want to make a start on cooking your rice, but first you should boil the kettle as this will speed things up. Once it’s boiled you can pour the water into a pot and bang in the rice. Cook until it’s nice and fluffy.
2. Meanwhile, in a smaller pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over a medium heat and stir in the curry powder. Cook this for 1 minute and then add the coconut milk to the mix. Cook this until it has reduced by half, which will take about 7 minutes.
3. Toss together the chicken pieces, the five-spice powder and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Give this a good mix to make sure it’s coated evenly.
4. Then, in a large, heavy frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over a medium-high heat until it begins to shimmer. Increase the heat to the highest and stir-fry the chicken until just cooked through. It should take about 6 minutes.
5. Finally, just before your chicken has cooked, stir in the coconut curry sauce and cook until fully heated through. Serve over the rice and you’re done.
Easy Tip: Throw a few leaves of coriander over your curry before you serve it for that posh restaurant feel.