Sylvester Stallone's son found dead amid reports of prescripton pill overdose
Sylvester Stallone’s 36-year old son was found dead at his home in Hollywood on Friday, with some reports suggesting he may have died from an overdose of prescription pills.
The Rambo and Rocky actor was said to be "devastated and grief-stricken" following the sudden death of his son (pictured on the left above), who was found unresponsive at his apartment in Studio City, near Hollywood, on Friday.
Sage, who was also an actor, was pronounced dead at the scene, with some reports suggesting that bottles of prescription pills were found in close proximity to his body, although it is not yet known what medication they contained or whether they had anything to do with his death.
Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter told Associated Press that there was no sign of foul play or trauma, and no suicide note was found. Winter added that although a post mortem will be carried out in the next few days, it could be weeks before toxicology tests can be completed.
US entertainment website TMZ referenced sources who claimed that the death was due to an overdose of prescription pills and that the authorities were trying to find out whether his death was accidental.
Sylvester Stallone’s publicist Michelle Bega released a statement which read: "Sylvester Stallone is devastated and grief-stricken over the sudden loss of his son, Sage Stallone... His loss will be felt forever.
"His compassion and thoughts are with Sage's mother, Sasha (Czack). Sage was a very talented and wonderful young man."
Sage Stallone's lawyer, George Braunstein, told the New York Post: "He was in good spirits, and working on all kinds of projects... He was planning on getting married. I am just devastated. He was an extremely wonderful, loving guy. This is a tragedy.”
Sage starred and directed in a number of films and appeared alongside his father as a 14-year old in Rocky V in 1990 and also in the 1996 film, Daylight.