
Uncategorized

Share
18th October 2011
07:41am BST

When Robbie Keane sat out the final group game against Armenia last week, it was widely reported that he was out for four to six weeks.
It was reported like that because Robbie told everybody he was out.
"It's a four-to-six week injury, but I'll have a scan and we'll know more in 10 days. It's a muscle injury not just pain. I would love to play in the Euros and I'll do everything I can - the lads will as well," said the American based striker just after the 2-1 win over Armenia.
Well it seems Robbie has recovered quickly and the good news is he now expects to be fit for Estonia now.
“I am very happy with the way things are going with my injury,” he says in today’s Irish Star. “I really think I can make it for the first leg [against Estonia]. The way things are going I am going to be available for both games.”
Robbie’s new employers, LA Galaxy, play the first leg of their end of season play-offs on October 29 and the club expect Robbie to be fit for that one. The second leg is November 6 but Robbie should be released from that to travel to Tallinn for the first leg of the Irish play-off.
If fit, Keane will play. We know Trap loves him and with his goalscoring record he has to start. But who will play alongside him is now the key question.
Kevin Doyle is suspended so Shane Long should slot in – he was excellent again this weekend for West Brom – but it seems that both Simon Cox and Jon Walters are ahead of him in Trap’s mind.
AXA and ISM competition terms and conditions

Uncategorized