American dies after cockroach eating contest
A man died in the US after winning a cockroach and worm eating contest at a Florida reptile house last week.
By Declan Whooley
We have to confess that prior to today we had never heard of the prestigious event, but after this tragedy the event has been thrown into the public domain.
Edward Archbold had eaten several dozen roaches and worms last Friday to take the top prize but it has come at the highest possible price.
According to ABC News, the 32 year-old began vomiting and was taken by ambulance to hospital where he was pronounced dead a short-time later. An autopsy is yet to determine the exact cause of death. We're guessing the roaches can't have been too healthy.
Archbold won a female python snake for eating the most bugs within four minutes, but tragedy was to strike soon for the contestant.