Healthy Recipe: Lovely Lasagne
Can't decide what to make the family? Well here's a quick and easy Weight Watchers recipe that's good for you and tasty too.
If its your night to cook, or you’re just in the mood for something different, then check out this Weight Watchers recipe for a perfect tasty lasagne.
12 ProPoints™ values per serving (48 ProPoints™ per recipe)
Takes 15 minutes to prepare and 40 minutes to cook
What you’ll need:
40g low fat spread
40g plain flour
450ml skimmed milk
1 bay leaf
250g extra lean beef mince
200g chopped mushrooms
500g jar of light Bolognese sauce
6 sheets no precook dried lasagne
125g pack reduced fat mozzarella cheese, diced
15g freshly grated parmesan cheese
What to do:
1. Cook the mince in a pan until it’s browned, then add the mushrooms and jar of Bolognese sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Preheat your oven to Gas Mark 4/ 180C or for a fan assisted oven, 160C. To make a white sauce, place the low fat spread, flour, skimmed milk and a bay leaf in a non-stick saucepan. Cook over a medium-high heat, stirring all the time to avoid lumps, until the sauce comes to the boil. Simmer for 2 minutes then remove the bay leaf.
3. Begin making the lasagne by spreading a quarter of the white sauce over the base of an 18cm square baking-dish. Add a third each of the Bolognese and the mozzarella and top with two sheets of lasagne.
4. Repeat the above step to make two more layers of Bolognese, mozzarella and lasagne. Pour the rest of the white sauce evenly over the lasagne and scatter the Parmesan cheese on top.
5. Bake in the centre of the oven for 40 minutes or until the pasta is tender and the top of the lasagne is golden brown and crisp at the edges. All that’s left to do is to call the rest of the family in for dinner.