Ryanair 'c*ck-up' gives Dubliner's willy bad burn
What happens when you take a Ryanair flight, a wonky seat tray and a scalding hot cup of tea? One Dublin man found out back in 2007 when he scalded his penis on a flight from Spain.
While on the flight Darren Weldon ordered a tea and a sandwich. Everything was going great until his cousin, whom he was travelling with, decided a trip to the toilet cubicle was needed. After his return the tray in front of Darren collapsed suddenly.
Obviously Darren stood erect the very second the scalding contents of the Styrofoam cup fell on his lap. The long and the short of it was he burnt the tip of his penis.
Darren needed the help of some cabin crew - sure who wouldn't? He went to the bathroom and poured cold water on the tip of his pride and joy.
Dublin Circuit Criminal Court heard how Darren needed to go to Tallaght hospital for treatment when he got off the plane.
Darren told the court that he had informed an air hostess that his tray was a bit limp at the start of the flight. Ryanair said they were not liable and that the two lads had been, er, d*cking about.
Justice Matthew Deery awarded Darren a couple thousand euro for his troubles, which was nice.
Awarding those Mr Weldon, the judge said once it had become aware the tray was faulty, the airline crew should have marked it to prevent people from using it.
Well if it presents cock-ups like that in future the few bob will have been money well spent...