Toddler gets wasted after restaurant mixes up order
A toddler over in the UK didn't have to wait long to break the pledge after he was given a double whiskey instead of lime juice and water. At least that's what he's telling his parents.
Nina Rees and her family were out celebrating her son Sonny’s second birthday when a drunk cut the celebrations short. No, it wasn’t an estranged father or someone from the stag party sitting opposite, it was poor awl Sonny himself.
They family was eating at a Frankie and Benny's when Nina, 34, noticed that her son was getting a little agitated. Anytime Sonny went to take a sip of his drink he winced a little.
'It was whisky, I would say a double,' she Nina. 'As soon as I sipped it I had the slight burny feeling in my throat and warming in my chest.
'Sonny had taken about ten sips - he was obviously intoxicated. I immediately went into a panic and a rage - I was crying my eyes out.'
Apparently, one of the waiters managed to mix up the Rees' orders with a stag party who were also in the restaurant (you had ONE job…).
Sonny was rushed to hospital, however, he was out for the count by time he got there. Sonny was then placed under supervision so he could recover (from his hangover... sorry, but C'MON it's a drunk baby).
A spokesman for Frankie and Benny's said: 'The company is incredibly sorry for what happened. It was a human error and we are putting measures in place to ensure it never happens again.'