Healthy recipe: Tiger Prawns Tagliatelle
If you're sick of frozen pizza and unhealthy take-a-ways then why not check out this quick, easy and most importantly healthy recipe from Weight Watchers.
Eventually, you will get sick of eating unhealthy take-a-ways that never live up to their expectation and that also cost a fortune. So why not make this Tiger Prawns Tagliatelle instead for your next Friday night in.
Tiger Prawns Tagliatelle
8 ProPoints values per serving (16 ProPoints per recipe)
Takes 10 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to cook
What you'll need:
225g raw peeled tiger prawns
125g dried tagliatelle
Calorie controlled cooking spray
300g ripe tomatoes, chopped roughly
½ red chilli, de-seeded and sliced
40g wild rocket
½ teaspoon grated lemon zest
Freshly ground black pepper
What to do:
1. To start this recipe, you’ll first have to devein your prawns. Sounds manky, but you have to do it in order to avoid food poisoning. Use a small sharp knife to make a shallow incision down the back of each prawn, exposing the intestinal tract. Use the tip of the knife to lift out this vein – it won’t be visible in all cases, only if there are brown/black spots (which you don’t want to know about before dinner) along the length of it. Once you’re done you can set the prepared prawns aside for now.
2. Next, you can cook the tagliatelle. Stick your dried tagliatelle in a pot of boiling water for 10 minutes, or until they’re nice and tender.
3. Meanwhile, heat a medium lidded saucepan and spray lightly with the cooking spray. Add the chopped tomatoes, chilli and seasoning then cook over a medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes until the tomatoes start to break up.
4. Add the prawns and 4 tablespoons of the water from the pasta pot to the pan with the tomatoes. The prawns will start to turn from grey to pink as they soon come into contact with the heat. Cover the pan and cook gently for 3 minutes, stirring once or twice, until the prawns are cooked and pink throughout. But be careful and take care not to overcook the prawns or they will be dry, tough and rubbery, which won’t impress the missus.
5. Drain the tagliatelle and return to the hot pan. Add the prawns in the tomato sauce then add the rocket and lemon zest. Toss everything to mix together and serve in warmed bowls.
There you have it, something that’s easy, tasty and better for you than your weekly take-a-way.
For more healthy Weight Watcher recipes check out JOE's recipe section here.