Recipe of the Week: Waffles and Peaches with Rum Syrup
Having a sweet tooth is the cross that many of us have to bear, but it is possible to indulge in something nice and not pile on the weight.
This week our choice is a dessert of waffles and peaches with rum syrup. High in taste and surprisingly low in ProPoints. Go on, indulge yourself.
Waffles and Peaches with Rum Syrup
Top each serving with one tablespoon Weight Watchers Reduced Fat Thick Cream per person, mixed with the seeds from the vanilla pod, for an extra ProPoint value per serving.
- Serves 4
- 4 ProPoints per serving
- 17 ProPoints values per recipe
- 5 minutes in total & 15 minutes cooling
What you need:
- 400g can sliced peaches in natural juice, drained and 150 ml (5 fl oz) juice reserved
- 1 vanilla pod
- 50ml (2 fl oz) dark rum
- 4 x 20g (¾ oz) toasting waffles
What to do:
- Put the reserved peach juice into a saucepan with the vanilla pod and bring to the boil. Add the rum and bubble for 3 minutes until reduced and syrupy. Add the peaches and leave to cool down for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast the waffles according to packet instructions. Remove the vanilla pod and serve each waffle with a quarter of the peaches and a drizzle of rum syrup.
Instead of the vanilla pod, you could use vanilla extract. Simply replace the pod with 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and add it to the peach juice in step 1.
Either way, you should have one delicious dessert ready to serve.
For more delicious Weight Watchers meals, simply click here.
While you're here...
Watch Wooly, Lar Corbett, Ronan O'Gara, Dion Fanning, Conor Sketches and Carlow's Endline Challenge on SportsJOE Live Episode 19.
Read more about: