19 dad jokes that you need to memorise immediately
How is it that every dad in the world has mastered the dad joke?
Even if you try with every fibre of your being not to laugh... you pretty much just have to.
So we asked JOE readers to hit us with their best dad jokes.
*This article first appeared on JOE.co.uk*
1) This is how it started...
— J A D E ♡ (@JadeStamate) April 4, 2016
2) We decided to compile all the best ones here.
3) Some are genuinely brilliant.
4) Any dad would be proud to tell these jokes.
5) So even you're not a dad, learn them all.
6) You can almost hear the wives, sons and daughters of Britain groaning.
7) People say dad jokes are so bad, they're almost good.
8) But... they're just good.
9) As long as you can take the pun-ishment.
10) The key to a good dad joke is nailing the pause between the setup and the punchline.
11) Because it's the momentary pause that gives your audience the chance to guess the punchline. But then you jump in there before they get the chance.
12) Sometimes a dad joke sounds like a casual observation or memory.
(But then it becomes clear that you've been dad joked).
13) Sometimes it's one you've heard 1,000 times before. But it's still somehow good.
14) Sometimes you laugh even though you don't want to.
15) But don't feel bad, let the dad joke into your life.
16) Let it in, and the fulfillment that comes with it.
17) Because we all need a bit of humour in our lives.
18) Even if you humour makes you cringe and shake your head...