RTÉ unveils this week's Late Late line-up and its St. Patrick's Day weekend highlights
The weekend schedule features Liam Neeson, a variety of sports and the return of a hit crime drama.
RTÉ has published its St. Patrick's Day weekend schedule, with plenty to watch and listen to across RTÉ One, RTÉ2, RTÉ Player, all RTÉ Radio stations and RTÉ Online.
Amongst the schedule is The Late Late Show, which will air on RTÉ One on St. Patrick's Day night and will see host Ryan Tubridy celebrating the most Irish night of the year live.
Joining him will be Ireland's favourite action hero Liam Neeson as he celebrates his 100th movie, the neo-noir Marlowe - which sees him reteaming with Michael Collins director Neil Jordan.
Also on the programme will be Derry Girls creator Lisa McGee, as well as Clare Dunne, Maria Doyle Kennedy, Sam Keeley and Yasmin Sek from the hit RTÉ crime drama Kin, which returns to RTÉ One for its second season on Sunday, 19 March at 9.30pm.
The cast of Kin
On Thursday, meanwhile, RTÉ2 will broadcast a one-hour programme of the RTÉ Choice Music Prize, featuring performances from the five winning acts Cian Ducrot, CMAT, Fontaines DC, Moncrieff and Sinead O’ Connor, along with interviews by Bláthnaid Treacy.
Then, on Friday, viewers can see RTÉ presenters Dáithí Ó Sé and Sarah McInerney, as well as Emer O’ Neill and FM104’s Crossy on the streets of Dublin for the spectacular national St. Patrick’s Day Parade.
It will be a jam-packed day of sport on Saturday with Scotland taking on Italy in the Six Nations at noon on RTÉ2, along with the Six Nations clash between Ireland and England at 5pm on RTÉ Radio 1.
In GAA, meanwhile, Meath takes on Dublin and Armagh takes on Galway from 2.45pm on RTÉ2. Damian Lawlor will present live coverage alongside Ciaran Whelan and Enda McGinley of Meath vs Dublin from Páirc Tailteann in Navan, which will be followed by Armagh vs Galway from the Athletic Grounds in Armagh.
On top of all this, the Dancing with the Stars champion will be crowned on Sunday night.
Dancing with the Stars hosts Jennifer Zamparelli and Doireann Garrihy
A list of RTÉ's St. Patrick’s Day weekend highlights can be found right here:
- Thursday, March 16 - RTÉ Choice Music Awards on RTÉ2 at 10.30pm
- Friday, March 17 - St. Patrick’s Festival: St. Patrick’s Day Parade at 12.15pm on RTÉ One and RTÉ Player
- Friday, March 17 - The Late Late Show Live Special at 9.35pm on RTÉ One
- Saturday, March 18 - Six Nations Scotland v Italy at noon on RTÉ2 and Six Nations Ireland v England at 5pm on RTÉ Radio 1
- Saturday, March 18 - GAA Live - Meath v Dublin and Armagh v Galway from 2.45pm on RTÉ2
- Sunday, March 19 - Dancing with the Stars Final on RTÉ One at 6.30pm
- Sunday, March 19 - Kin Season 2 premiere on RTÉ One at 9.30pm
- RTÉ One coverage of the parade on RTÉ Player worldwide live and on-demand.
- A celebration of Irish culture on rte.ie/culture, plus highlights from this year's St. Patrick's Day Festival.
RTÉ RADIO 1
- Arena will celebrate the wonderful year Irish actors and films had with a look back at all the interviews it has done for An Cailin Ciuin, The Banshees of Inisherin and Aftersun.
RTÉ LYRIC FM
- Friday, March 17 - Marty in the Morning, 7.00am - 10.00am
- Friday, March 17 - Aedín in the Afternoon, 1pm - 4pm
- Friday, March 17 - Lorcan Murray's Classic Drive, 4pm - 7pm
- Friday, March 17 - RTÉ Lyric Live: National Symphony Orchestra, 7pm - 10pm
- Friday, March 17 - Vespertine, 10pm
- Saturday, March 18 - Movies and Musicals, 1pm - 4pm
- Sunday, March 19 - Seán Rocks on Sunday, 1pm - 4pm
- Sunday, March 19 - The Lyric Feature: An Draíocht, 6pm - 7pm
- One of the best thriller series of recent years is returning to screens very soon
- Michael Imperioli criticises the Oscars for not including Sopranos co-star Tony Sirico in memoriam
- All of the winners of the 2023 Academy Awards
- Irish Oscar-winners create instantly legendary moment on stage
- Irish film is now fully primed for a complete global takeover
- Brendan Fraser gets emotional during his Best Actor speech at the Oscars