These were the most watched programmes in Ireland in 2021
Seven of the top 10 were sports-related.
A list of the most-watched programmes in Ireland in 2021 has been unveiled and perhaps unsurprisingly The Late Late Toy Show took the top spot.
According to TAM Ireland, the annual festive event retained the crown at the top of the Irish TV viewing chart with over 1.7 million viewers.
This is as seven of the top ten most-watched programmes were sporting events, with the All-Ireland Football Final between Tyrone and Mayo being the second most-watched programme overall.
This was ahead of the UEFA Euro 2020 final between Italy and England, which took the third spot.
Other entries in the top 10 included the broadcast of Oprah Winfrey's interview with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, as well as the RTÉ Six One News on 5 January.
The latter aired as the government considered closing schools for the month of January due to Covid.
Meanwhile, the most-watched Irish TV drama of 2021 was crime series Kin, starring Aidan Gillen and Charlie Cox.
The TAM Ireland/Nielsen figures for 2021 also show that the average Irish adult in a TV home watched television for 2 hours and 47 mins every day.
You can check out the top 10 most-watched programmes in Ireland last year below.
Official TAM Ireland/Nielsen Top 50 TV Programmes 2021:
- The Late Late Toy Show
- Saturday Game Live - Live Play - All Ireland Football Final Tyrone v Mayo
- UEFA Euro 2020 - Live Play - Final - Italy v England
- UEFA Euro 2020 - Live Play - Semi-Final - England v Denmark
- Oprah with Meghan and Harry
- 6 Nations Live Ireland v France
- RTÉ News: Six One (5 January)
- 6 Nations Live Ireland v England
- Sunday GAA Live - Live Play - All Ireland Hurling Final Limerick v Cork
- Saturday Game Live - Live Play - All Ireland Football Semi-Final Dublin v Mayo