The White Lotus' season three location may have accidentally been revealed
The possible reveal has come from a truly surprising source.
With its first season taking place in Hawaii and its second season being set in Sicily in Italy, fans of the hit anthology comedy-drama The White Lotus have been wondering where the series will go for its third batch of episodes.
Well, we may now have an answer from the most unlikely of sources - Jackass star Johnny Knoxville.
While Knoxville has not appeared in the first two seasons of The White Lotus, it is possible he could have let slip about the location of the show's third season while discussing the cancellation of his Hulu sitcom Reboot.
Knoxville was asked by Vulture if he is looking to pursue sitcom acting more regularly going forward, to which he replied:
"I don’t tend to think in those terms. My first inclination is to focus on film. I love acting and producing films, and making documentaries.
"If a good television show comes along, of course I’ll pay attention, because television is so good now. I’d be foolish not to pay attention."
When the interviewer then brought up the third season of The White Lotus, Knoxville mentioned he is very close friends with the show's creator Mike White, adding:
"He and I had been in Tokyo together. I think that’s where the next… oh, I’m not giving anything away. I might call him again as soon as this is over."
The Jackass star's Tokyo comment aligns with what White has previously said about the third season's potential location.
Speaking around the time of The White Lotus' second season's finale, White told Deadline:
“The first season we highlighted money and then the second season is sex and I think the third season, it would be maybe a kind of satirical and funny look at death in Eastern religion and spirituality.
"It feels like it could be a rich tapestry to do another round at White Lotus."
- One of 2022's most fun blockbusters is finally available to stream at home
- Extrapolations will be scarier than any horror movie or show this year
- Barry Keoghan set to star in new Western as infamous outlaw Billy the Kid
- M. Night Shyamalan producing new movie set in the west of Ireland
- It has finally been explained how Will Smith will return for I Am Legend sequel
- Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania sees Marvel go full Rick & Morty
- Netflix has just added one of the best comedies of the decade