Mayo beach named among the best in the world for 2019
If you've never been, you need to go.
Keem Bay on Achill Island has been listed among the best beaches in the world according to a new survey.
Global travel site Big 7 Travel has released the official list of the 50 Best Beaches in the World for 2019, and Keem Bay has ranked at number 11.
Keem Bay is a horseshoe bay at the head of a valley between the cliffs of Benmore to the west and Croaghaun mountain on the east.
Elsewhere on the list, the famous Pig Beach in the Bahamas made the top 10 after it rose to fame following its use in the promotion of the infamous Fyre Festival.
Using votes from Big 7 readers, aggregated scores from previous media results, official Blue Flag locations and contributions from the Big 7 Travel editorial team, they picked the most amazing beaches to visit.
You can take a look at the top ten below.
- Zlatni rat (Golden Horn Beach) – Brac, Croatia
- Whitehaven Beach – Whitsunday Islands, Australia
- Fig Tree Bay – Protaras, Cyprus
- Grace Bay – Turks and Caicos
- Secret Lagoon – El Nido, Palawan, Philippines
- Reynisfjara Beach – Vík í Mýrdal, Iceland
- Source d’Argent – Seychelles
- Playa Ruinas – Quintana Roo, Mexico
- Kanuhura Maldives – Lhaviyani Atoll Maldives
- Pig Beach – Bahamas