Parents of missing teenager found after 8 years issue heartbreaking update 2 months ago

Parents of missing teenager found after 8 years issue heartbreaking update

He went missing in 2015.

The parents of a missing teenager who has been found after eight years have issued a heartbreaking update about his wellbeing, revealing that he is unable to communicate.


Houston Police confirmed that Rudolph “Rudy” Farias IV was discovered last week outside a church in the city. According to NBC News, the building is located just eight miles away from his home.

Farias was 17 years old when he was reported missing in March 2015. This is after he went for a walk with his two dogs and never returned home. The pets were later found.

The Texas Center for the Missing wrote in a tweet that the now 25-year-old is recovering in hospital, while the Houston Police Department's missing persons investigators plan to speak with him and his family later this week "to determine his whereabouts since he was reported missing".


As reported by, The Texas Centre for the Missing also said in a statement: "We are happy to confirm Rudy Farias IV was located in Houston last week after being missing for 8 years.

“Currently, there are no details regarding Rudy’s case. However, we do know when a loved one goes missing, this is the day all families hope for and dream of — reunification. We are thankful that Rudy has been found and receiving the care he needs.”

Meanwhile, also reports that Farias' mother Janie Santana issued her own separate statement, in which she says that her son is unable to communicate at the moment but she is hopeful the family will learn what happened to Rudy.


“My son Rudy Farias IV was found on Thursday, 29 June after being missing for eight years," the statement reads.

“What we do know is at the time of his recovery, a good Samaritan located him unresponsive and immediately called police and 911.

"My son Rudy is receiving the care he needs to overcome his trauma, but at this time, he is nonverbal and not able to communicate with us.

"We are asking for privacy during this difficult time but will share more details as Rudy continues to heal.”

His mother also revealed to ABC 13 that prior to going missing, Farias would always wear a necklace that belonged to his brother who died in a motorcycle crash in 2011.

When he was found, he was unresponsive and covered in cuts and bruises but was still wearing the necklace.


Santana said that while he has not spoken more than a few words since being found, he keeps holding onto the chain and laying in a fetal position.

Related articles: