Patrick Kielty speaks out after strong reaction to first Late Late Show
Kielty was heaped with praise after Friday's show.
The presenter said he was overwhelmed by the response and told his followers that it was "an absolute privilege" to host the show.
"Overwhelmed by all your messages before, during, and after my first Late Late Show," Kielty shared.
Patrick Kielty was praised for his first appearance as host of the Late Late Show.
The presenter said he felt the audience's support from the get-go.
"It was an absolute privilege to step onto that stage and it really felt that so many of you were carrying me.
"I can’t thank you enough," he added.
Kielty posted a photo of a keyring that was given to him by his wife Cat Deeley and his sons.
"Just before the show I was given this by the person who is always in my corner - win lose or draw. It almost put me over the edge but I know it helped get me through it. I love you Cat Deeley."
View this post on Instagram
Kielty was joined by comedians Tommy Tiernan, Hector Ó hEochagáin, and Laurita Blewitt for his opening episode.
Former president of Ireland Mary McAleese, Republic of Ireland international James McClean, and the 2 Johnnies were also on the show.
Chasing Abbey also performed on the show.
- New Netflix documentary is about a topic that gripped the news this week
- RTÉ's DG responds to Patrick Kielty's jokes about the broadcaster's payments scandal
- Patrick Kielty sticks the boot in during opening Late Late Show monologue
- Patrick Kielty brought The Wolfe Tones into his opening Late Late Show joke
- Aquaman 2 trailer is big, bonkers and full of explosions
- All three Godfather films are available to stream for free in Ireland and the UK
- Netflix unveils spooky first look at new series from Haunting of Hill House creator