Ryanair is seeking applicants for "the worst job in Ireland"
The airline's "big boss man" is recruiting.
Ryanair is inviting applications for what was once billed as the "worst job in Ireland", with the airline's "big boss man" and CEO Michael O'Leary looking to recruit a Financial Assistant.
However, while the position may have had that daunting informal title in the past, the airline says the job is now "recognised as one of the best jobs in Ryanair and Ireland" and is a "fantastic opportunity".
— Ryanair Jobs (@RyanairJobs) October 15, 2021
Based at Ryanair's headquarters in Dublin and described also as "demanding and interesting", recent holders of the job have moved into the positions of Director of Commercial, Director of Operations, Deputy Director of Flight Operations and Head of Investor Relations.
Ryanair says it is seeking a bright, ambitious, qualified accountant to assist O'Leary and manage a wide range of issues.
These include treasury management, investment analysis, tax analysis and returns, project management, property development and other special project work.
Those who apply need to:
- be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA or equivalent)
- have a strong commercial acumen with a creative problem-solving approach
- be able to interact with all levels of management, with excellent communication and negotiation skills
- have demonstrated capability to learn quickly with the ability to work on their own initiative
- possess strong analytical, planning and organisational skills
- must have the legal right to live and work in Ireland.
Ryanair also stipulates that "no Dublin, Man Utd or Leinster supporters need apply". We can only presume that's a joke.
Think you have what it takes? Suitably qualified candidates should apply by sending their cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on Friday, 22 October.
For more information, visit website Workable to read about the position here.