Two young children and a teenager dead following violent incident at Dublin home 9 months ago

Two young children and a teenager dead following violent incident at Dublin home

Three siblings are confirmed to have died, while a male teenager has been injured.

Gardaí are investigating following a violent incident that took place at a residence in Dublin that resulted in the deaths of three individuals.


At approximately half past midnight on Sunday morning (4 September), Gardaí were informed of the incident which occurred in the Rossfield Estate in Tallaght, Dublin 24.

Three siblings – two children and one teenager – were removed from the scene by ambulance and taken to Children's Health Ireland (CHI) at Crumlin. All three were later pronounced as deceased.

A male teenager was also removed from the scene. He was taken to Tallaght Hospital with serious injuries, though they are understood to be non life-threatening.

Following an intervention by Garda Armed Support Unit members that involved the discharge of "less than lethal" devices, a man aged in his early 20s was arrested at the scene.


The man has been detained at Tallaght Garda Station under Section 4 of the Criminal Justice Act, 1984.

A woman, the mother of the three children, was also removed to CHI Crumlin. Though she wasn't injured at the scene, she has received medical treatment.

All persons involved in the incident are believed to be known to each, according to Gardaí. Investigating officers are not looking for anybody else in connection with the incident at this time.

The scene in Tallaght has been sealed off so that a forensic examination may be carried out later on Sunday by the Garda Technical Bureau.


The coroner's office and the office of the State Pathologist have been informed. Post-mortem examinations, yet to be arranged, will take place.

A family liaison officer has been appointed. An Garda Síochána will continue to offer support to the family, in conjunction with other state agencies.

Gardaí, in describing the incident as "violent. challenging and traumatic", noted that the incident was responded to be uniform unarmed Garda first respoonders from the Tallaght District. They were supported by uniform members and armed detectives from the wider DMR South Division and Specialist Armed Support Unit members.

Welfare supports have been put in place for all Garda personnel who attended the incident.