Niquitin 2019 T&Cs
NiQuitin 2019 Terms & Conditions
- The closing date for entries is Midnight, Jan 31st, 2019 or such late date as may be advised on this website or on JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie
- All entries must be accompanied by contact details of entrants.
- All entrants agree to be bound by the rules of the competition; failure on the part of any entrant to adhere to any or all of these rules will render the entry in question invalid. Maximum Media reserves the right to disqualify any contestant for any reason whatsoever in its sole discretion.
- One team entry per household. A team comprises two people.
- No purchase is necessary.
- Prize is subject to availability/may be substituted. No cash alternative/prize is non-refundable/non-transferable.
- If selected, each team must coordinate with Maximum Media for the duration of the 10 week challenge.
- The participants will be obliged to post weekly social photos/updates on their Instagram/Twitter social pages of their progress and activities.
- The 8 teams chosen will be available on weekends during the 10 week period to participate in challenges.
- Contestants must be available to travel for the VO2 testing w/c 4th February at location TBC and launch event on February 9th 2019 in a Dublin location TBC, which will include photography and video recording for publicity purposes.
- The winning team (comprising 2 participants) will win a holiday up to the value of €2000. The prize is the equivalent value of €1000 per person. Each winner will receive the prize of up to the value of a €1000 holiday.
- The results of the winning team will be announced in May 2019 on JOE & Her social channels.
- The winning team will be obliged to post updates/photos on their social pages to announce their results.
- Unless otherwise stated the promoter of competitions on the site is JOE.ie & Her.ie.
- The promoter accepts no liability for lost/damaged/incomplete entries.
- Proof of entry is not proof of delivery.
- The winners will need to sign a statement of eligibility/liability/publicity release.
- Third party T&Cs may apply.
- To the extent as permitted by Irish law, the promoter excludes all liability for any loss in connection with the competition.
- Prize winners may be required to participate in publicity (photographs, interviews quotations etc). No fee will be paid. Winners will be compensated for any costs that arise for any challenges they partake in.
- All contestants must be available for final V02 testing after the 10 week challenge, from April 29th to May 6th. Contestants must be available to attend the 10 week challenge final if required in a Dublin location on a date in May TBC. This event may include photography and video recording for publicity purposes.
- Copyright of all original material entered in this competition is retained by the author. By submitting an entry, participants grant to NiQuitin and Maximum Media, the right to reproduce the entry (in full or in part or in modified form) on the website or in such other publication or medium, now in existence or yet to be devised, as NiQuitin or Maximum Media might nominate, without payment. Without limitation to the foregoing, the previously mentioned parties can assign or dispose of their rights to third parties, with no fee payable to the entrants.
- NiQuitin and Maximum Media reserve the right to amend, withdraw or terminate the competition or alter the specification of the competition without prior notice should that specified be unavailable for reasons beyond their control.
- Notwithstanding that the winners may have been declared, if NiQuitin or Maximum Media discover before the distribution of prizes that for any reason under these rules a winner should have been ineligible to enter the competition or if the entry should have been declared invalid. E.g. Use of a false name or address by a competition entrant, a name by which the entrant is not usually known, NiQuitin and Maximum Media reserve the right to determine that a contestant(s) is disqualified.
- Advertised prizes may be replaced with prizes of equal or greater value at the discretion of NiQuitin, prizes are also non-transferable, and will only be awarded to the prize winner.
- NiQuitin and Maximum Media will ensure that all prizes are delivered within 60 days of winning. Where this is not possible, the winner(s) will be notified of a delay.
- When, due to circumstances beyond our control, a prize is not available, NiQuitin and Maximum Media reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal value.
- Canvassing of adjudicators will result in automatic disqualification.
- No correspondence will be entered into regarding the judging process and the decision of the judges will be final.
- Shortlisting will be carried out by Maximum Media. The final adjudication panel will comprise of representatives from Maximum Media.
- Criteria for judging entries:
- Entrants must be over 18 years
- Entrants must be a resident of Ireland
- Reasons for wanting to quit smoking will be taken into consideration.
- Why the entrant and the group want to take part in the challenge will be taken into consideration.
- The teams must be available each weekend during the 10 week challenge to participate in a weekly challenge.
- Each participant will need to be physically healthy to participate in the 10 week challenge.
- Each participant must have a public social media page (Twitter or Instagram) that they will use during the 10 week challenge to post their updates and progress weekly.
The Winning Team (2 Participants)
Holiday up to the value of €2000
Each individual Participant on the winning team will win:
Holiday up to the value of €1000
Maximum Media Terms & Conditions
- Use of the site
Your use of JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie is expressly conditional upon your acceptance of the following terms and conditions. By using these sites you signify your consent to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree with any part of the following terms and conditions you must not use the JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie Site.
"You" means you, the user of the JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie Sites and "Your" shall be interpreted accordingly. "We/Us" means JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie and "Our" shall be interpreted accordingly. "JOE.ie’’, ‘’Her.ie’’, ‘’SportsJOE.ie’’ and ‘’HerFamily.ie" shall have the meaning as set out above. "User Information" means the personal details which may be provided by You to Us via the JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie Sites. "Users" means the users of the JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie Sites collectively and/or individually as the context admits. "Website" means a site on the World Wide Web.
- Acceptable Use
You agree that any use by You of the JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie Sites shall be in accordance with the following conditions:
- You will not post or transmit through the JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie Sites any defamatory, threatening, obscene, harmful, pornographic or otherwise illegal material or material which would violate or infringe in any way upon our rights or those of others (including intellectual property rights, rights of confidentiality, or rights of privacy) or cause distress or inconvenience. You must not express opinions that are vulgar, crude, sexist, racist , discriminatory, or otherwise offensive or in breach of an laws. Always treat other Users with respect.
- You will not post or otherwise make available on the JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie Site any material which You do not own without the express prior written permission of the owner of the material.
- You will not copy, download, reproduce, republish, frame, broadcast, transmit in any manner whatsoever, or make available any material on the JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie Site except as is strictly necessary for Your own personal non-commercial home use.
- You will abide by the specific rules of any competition or promotion that You participate in on or via the JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie site.
- You will not do anything that affects the operability or security of the JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie Site or causes unreasonable inconvenience or offence or disruption to our staff or users.
- JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie reserves the right to alter, edit, modify, remove or shut down all or part of the JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie Website or its contents without further notice.
- Third Party Websites
- The Site contains links to third party Web Sites, including those provided by advertisers and commercial sponsors. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie of the contents of, or goods or services provided by such third party Web Sites. JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie is not responsible for the content of linked third party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of information contained on such third party Web Sites. If you decide to access linked third-party Web Sites, you do so at your own risk.
- JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie generally welcomes the hyper-linking to the JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie Site from other appropriate Web Sites provided such links are to the Sites homepage (and no deeper within the Site) and provided JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie gives its consent to the establishment of such links. Notwithstanding the foregoing, JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie reserves the absolute right to refuse to consent to such links without giving reasons. Any links to the JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie Site from another Web Site must be presented in such a manner that the viewing of the JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie Site is not impaired by framing or similar techniques that may impair the visitor's user experience.
- Intellectual Property
- All copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content supplied as part of the JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie Site shall remain at all times vested in Us or Our licensors. You are not permitted to use this material or content unless expressly authorised in writing by Us or Our licensors. You will not, and You will not assist or facilitate any third party to, copy, reproduce, transmit, distribute, frame, make available, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material or content.
- If You become aware of any such distribution or commercial exploitation, You agree to notify Us immediately.
- You acknowledge that by posting or sending material or content to the JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie Site You grant to Us and Our licensors and assigns an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty free, worldwide licence to use the materials both within the JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie Site and in any other manner. The licence extends to copying, distributing, broadcasting, and otherwise transmitting, and adapting and editing the materials.
- Liability for and information provided on the JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie Site
- Material which is posted on any bulletin boards is written by Users and We are not responsible for and do not endorse such material. We reserve the right to monitor the contributions made and may respond to or comment upon communications made by You and edit, refuse to post, or remove any content from the bulletin boards in our absolute discretion. No failure to remove particular material constitutes an endorsement or acceptance of it by Us.
- We will not be held responsible or liable for the content, accuracy, timing or reliability of any information or statements contained within the JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie Site, or for statements, advice and/or opinions made or given by Users on the bulletin boards . If You have any claim arising from the actions or statements of another User, You agree to pursue such a claim only against that User and not against Us.
- We will endeavour to provide the JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie Site using all reasonable care. On occasions our site may publish articles or features, which some site visitors may find offensive. JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie does not intend to offend and suggests that site visitors who find the tone or content of the site offensive, no longer visit the site. No responsibility is taken for any offense caused. To the maximum extent permissible by law, JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie disclaims all warranties in relation to the content of the JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie Site and makes no representation or warranty in respect of the JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie Site or the material contained therein or its quality, accuracy or fitness for purpose. Further, JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie makes no representations that the material contained in the JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie Site, or any of the functions contained in the JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie Site or its server will operate without interruption or delay or will be error free, free of viruses or bugs or is compatible with any other software or material.
- We will be liable for any fraudulent misrepresentations We make and for any death or personal injury caused by Our negligence. We will not be responsible or liable to You for any other loss or damage that You or any third party may suffer as a result of using or in connection with Your use of the JOE.ie Site.
- JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie disclaims liability in connection with Your use or misuse of the JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie Site to the maximum extent permissible by law.
Unless otherwise stated the promoter of competitions on the site is JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie. Entrants must be over 18 and resident in Ireland. Employees/families/agents of the promoter and its associates are not eligible. One entry per person/per household. No purchase is necessary. Details of the winner can be requested. Prize is subject to availability/may be substituted. No cash alternative/prize is non-refundable/non-transferable. The promoter accepts no liability for lost/damaged/incomplete entries. Proof of entry is not proof of delivery. The winner may need to sign a statement of eligibility/liability/publicity release. Third part T&Cs may apply. Details of entries will be kept on a database and may be used and passed to third parties to enable the processing of Completion/prize fulfilment/ where entrant has consented to share this information with other companies for marketing. To the extent as permitted by Irish law, the promoter excludes all liability for any loss in connection with the competition.
Apple, INC. ("APPLE") is not a sponsor of Maximum Media sweepstakes, nor do they endorse this service or sponsor any prize redemptions.
- We shall comply with all applicable data protection legislation from time to time in place in respect of any personal information relating to You gathered by Us.
- You may be asked to input information about yourself on different pages of the JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie Site. We will not use the information You provide to Us for any purpose t other than as stated at each location where such information is requested.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to notify Us of any changes to the information You have previously given or if You wish to withdraw Your consent to Our using Your User Information for the stated purposes or for any form of promotional contact.
You agree to indemnify Us, and/or any of Our affiliates and including their officers, directors and employees, servants and agents immediately on demand, against all claims, liability, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, arising out of any breach of these terms and conditions by You, and (if applicable) your officers, directors and employees, servants and agents and against any other liabilities arising out of Your use of the JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie Site.
We reserve the right immediately to terminate Your use of the JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie Site in circumstance including (but not limited to)_ where You or (if applicable) your officers, directors and employees, servants and agents breach or procure a breach these terms and conditions or otherwise engage in conduct which We determine in Our sole discretion to be unacceptable or harmful to JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie or its users.
Should You wish to make any comments to Us about the JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie website or if you have any questions relating to the same please contact us at email@example.com.
We love to hear from you on the JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie, and HerFamily.ie Facebook page but ask you to follow these guidelines to help provide a respectful, open and transparent environment for all our users.
- By using or accessing this page you agree to all the relevant conditions in the terms of service for Facebook, to these guidelines and the terms and conditions (listed above) on the JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie website.
- User comments on the JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie Facebook page do not reflect the opinions of JOE.ie, nor do we accept or confirm their accuracy.
- All competitions running on the JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie Facebook page will be subject to, but not limited to, our standard Terms and Conditions.
- JOE, Her, SportsJOE and HerFamily will endeavour to reply to as many comments and queries as possible where appropriate.
- We ask users to post commentary that is both relevant and respectful to this community as a whole. We moderate reactively and reserve the right to remove comments and/or block users based on the following:
- Comments, links, images or videos that are inappropriate (i.e. obscene, profane or hateful in nature);
- Comments that are abusive, harassing, stalking, threatening or attacking of any individual person, group or legal entity;
- Comments that are potentially defamatory or libellous;
- Comments which could prejudice any active legal proceedings;
- Spam, solicitations or advertisements. This includes promotion or endorsement of any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency;
- Breaches of intellectual property rights including copyright;
- Uploading files that contain viruses or programs that could damage the operation of other’s computers.
- You retain your rights to any content you submit, post or display on or through JOE, Her, SportsJOE and HerFamily’s online platforms. By submitting, posting or displaying content on or through JOE, Her, SportsJOE and HerFamily’s online platforms, you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display and distribute such Content in any and all media or distribution methods (now known or later developed).
Please be aware that comments on this page are reactively moderated. If you wish to report anything inappropriate, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If any court or regulator decides that any provision of these terms and conditions is invalid or otherwise unenforceable, such provisions shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remainder of these terms and conditions shall continue to have full force and effect.
- We reserve the right to change the terms and conditions upon the posting of any altered terms and conditions upon the " JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie Site.’’
The above terms and conditions and the JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie site are governed by Irish law.