Will this man be Liverpool's next summer signing? 5 years ago

Will this man be Liverpool's next summer signing?

Liverpool are reportedly in pole position to sign Moussa Sissoko from Newcastle United.

The Frenchman was the Magpies' best player in a dire season and has also been linked to both Manchester United and Arsenal in recent weeks.

However, it appears that Brendan Rodgers has moved to the top of the queue for the 25-year-old, seen as the ideal box-to-box replacement for departed captain Steven Gerrard.

Newcastle are lining up a move PSV Eindhoven’s Georginio Wijnaldum to replace Sissoko.

Meanwhile, the Reds look set to do battle with Inter to sign Lazio striker Keita Balde Diao.

Lazio's forward from Senegal Balde Diao Keita looks on during the Italian Serie A football match Atalanta vs Lazio on May 3, 2015 at the Athleti Azzuri Stadium in Bergamo. AFP PHOTO / OLIVIER MORIN        (Photo credit should read OLIVIER MORIN/AFP/Getty Images)

The 20-year-old Spanish forward would be extremely interested in a move to Anfield, according to his agent Ulisse Savini.

He told Radio Sei that his player is unlikely to leave Lazio this summer, but admitted that Liverpool could be a perfect fit for the Spaniard.

“For years there have been several offers coming in, but considering the situation I have to say this summer they are particularly interesting," he said.

“I personally spoke to Lazio and they said his sale is not predicted. It’s only natural that he isn’t satisfied with the situation, so we are evaluating other options."

“Liverpool have a manager who relishes attacking players like Keita. It is a destination we would like, but we have to verify a series of situations. So far I have not had any direct contact with Liverpool."