Snapchat have released a really cool new feature in Ireland
This could spice up events...
Snapchat added a new feature to their service on Thursday in Ireland and UK where users of the app can create their own lens.
This will give all Snapchatters the option to create their own custom AR Face Lens and make it available over a certain area so their friends and family can use it at a celebration like a birthday party or wedding.
It's pretty easy to do as well, here's a quick rundown on how you can do it...
- On desktop visit snapchat.com/create
- In Snapchat tap your Bitmoji in the top left corner, tap the Settings cog and select Filters and Lenses
- Choose a category and one of over 150 templates themed around an occasion
- Add your own text and emoji in the style of your choosing
- Enter the time and location of your event - you can cover from 1800 sq metres to 450,000 sq metres - enough for a small event or an entire village.
- Confirm details and pay using a variety of payment methods. Prices are dependent on Lens location, duration, and other factors and start in the region of €6.
It's been a busy year for Snapchat after Q3 earnings for 2017 were not what they had hoped for. They added a total of 4.5 million new users. Not bad, but far below the expected eight million they'd predicted to add.
This encouraged a major redesign that was rolled out in recent weeks, which hasn't gone down well with a lot of users.
But, people don't like change so any major redesign was bound to ruffle a few feathers, and it seems more than likely at this stage that the update is here to stay, with just minor tweaks based on user feedback.
Despite the sometimes negative coverage of the app, Snapchat are likely to be still relatively happy with their position in the market.
Snapchat was the second most downloaded app in the App Store in 2017, while it's parent company Snap also owns Bitmoji, which was the most downloaded app last year.