Terms and conditions S7Live competition
01. S7Live (the "Competition") is run by JOE and Carphone Warehouse (the Promoters) in conjunction with Samsung to discover a band or solo act to play on the S7Live Stage, in the Samsung Store, connected by Carphone Warehouse, Dundrum Town Centre, to be in with a chance of winning a live performance in The Academy, Middle Abbey Street, Dublin 1, and up to €2000 worth of Samsung products.
02. The Competition is open to residents of the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland, 18 years and older, excluding employees of the Promoters, their families, agents and anyone else connected with the promotion. The Competition is open to unsigned acts only, the definition of the word "unsigned" being that the act is not under a contractual obligation with a major record label, at the time of entering the Competition or otherwise contractually restricted from taking up the prize. Acts that have released, or are in the process of releasing, their own material through a self-financed label are eligible to enter.
03. Along with a video file, or link to an appropriate video hosted on a website, you will need to provide the following: your name, address, county, name of your track, contact email, contact mobile, and some further details as specified relating directly to your entry. The Promoters cannot be held liable for system failures at the handling house or on the Competition website. The Promoters and its agents accept no responsibility for difficulties experienced submitting an entry into this Competition.
04. The closing date is 10 March 2016. The Promoters reserve the right to adjust the entry period if deemed necessary. Entries not in accordance with the entry instructions are invalid. Any entries containing material deemed obscene, provocative, inappropriate, offensive or otherwise objectionable content not be considered and any such entry will be deemed invalid, and such determination is solely at the discretion of the Promoters.
05. All acts with a track submitted and entry form properly completed in advance of the closing date will be eligible. A shortlist of acts will be chosen by a panel of judges. The decision of the judges and the Promoters are final. It is accepted by entrants that no correspondence or discussion will be entered into in relation to decisions made during the course of the Competition.
06. The Promoters cannot be held liable by any third parties for any copyright breaches on any material it receives or on the part of any entrant.
07. Judges from Carphone Warehouse will listen to and read or examine where appropriate each submission and will select seven acts which, in their opinion, are to be shortlisted. The judges’ decisions are final and it is fully accepted by all entrants that no correspondence or discussion will be entered into. The acts on the shortlist will be placed on the Joe.ie, and the members of the public will vote for their favourite act. The shortlisted acts will be announced on 11 March 2016.
08. Public voting will take place from 11 March – 15 March. In the public voting, individuals will be allowed only one vote through Joe.ie. This will be monitored by the Promoter. Multiple votes from any individual will be excluded. Decisions in relation to this are entirely at the discretion of the judges and all decisions are final. No correspondence or discussions will be entered into with anyone.
09. The three acts with the most number of public votes will be notified on 15 March and will be invited to perform in the Samsung Store, connected by Carphone Warehouse, Dundrum Shopping Centre, Dublin, on Friday 18 March, where the winner will be chosen by Bressie and a brand representative.
10. If the Promoters are unable to contact an act within 24 hours of deeming said act a finalist, the act’s place will be forfeited and the Promoters reserves the right to offer the prize to another entrant.
11. By entering, you are giving permission for your video, photo and brief biography to be posted on Joe.ie. The video would be available for streaming for the duration of the voting. For as long as you remain in the Competition, and particularly in the event that your act is as a finalist, you agree to allow the Promoters to use part or all of your video online on Joe.ie, related websites and social media.
12. Entrants agree, if required, to take part in publicity accompanying, or resulting from, this Competition. The finalists will be responsible for their own transport to and from Samsung Store, connected by Carphone Warehouse and any accommodation they may require.
13. As Competition finalists, you may be required to represent Carphone Warehouse and Samsung in promotional activity and as such you are obligated to behave responsibly and professionally and comply with the rules and requests that the Promoters and the event organisers ask of you.
14. By participating, those entering the Competition agree that the Promoters will not be liable for any liability, loss, damage, costs, expenses or injury of any kind to the entrant or any other person or entity caused by, or resulting directly or indirectly from, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize or any element of the prize or participation in the Competition.
15. The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. The Promoters reserve the right to amend, substitute or withdraw this promotion in whole or in part at any time during the Competition period in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside its reasonable control with no liability to any entrants, the Competition-winner or any third party. The Promoters also reserve the right to award an alternative prize of equal or greater value, should the advertised prize become unavailable for any reason. The decision of the Promoters in all matters is final and no correspondence will be entered into. By entering this promotion all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms & Conditions. All entry instructions form part of the Terms & Conditions.
16. The Promoters reserve the right to vary the Terms & Conditions of and/or to withdraw, amend, suspend, terminate or cancel this Competition at any time without notice. Neither the Promoters nor any of its associated or affiliated companies shall
be liable to any person for any variation, withdrawal, amendment, suspension, termination, cancellation, limitation, restriction or delay affecting this Competition or participation therein.
17. An entrant’s personal data will only be held for the purpose of contacting the entrant in relation to their participation in this Competition and will not be used for any other purposes whatsoever without their prior permission.
18. These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ireland and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Ireland. Promoters: Carphone Warehouse, 3rd Floor Office Suite, Omni Park SC, Santry, Dublin 9. JOE.ie, Maximum Media, Distillery Building, Fumbally Court, Fumbally Lane, Dublin 8.