This is how you make Nigella Lawson's delicious Nutella Pancakes
It's coming soon...
It's Pancake Tuesday and if you're looking for a recipe, you could do worse than Nigella Lawson's Nutella pancakes which appeared in her book, Nigella Express.
It makes a serving for four to six people of Nutella Pancakes.
For it, you will need:
- 8 crepes (shop bought is fine)
- 1 x 400 grams jar of Nutella
- 75 grams soft butter
- 80 millilitres frangelico plus 2 tablespoons more
- 35 grams chopped hazelnuts (from a packet)
- 250 millilitres double cream
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas mark 6.
- Put each crepe in front of you and spread some Nutella over one half, then fold the unspread side over the spread side. Now add a dollop of Nutella over one quarter and fold again, so what you have is a fat, squidgy fan. Place on a buttered swiss-roll tin / jelly roll pan or similar. Proceed with remaining crepes, overlapping them a little in the tin as you go.
- Put the butter in a small pan with the 80ml / 1/3 cup Frangelico, and heat gently to melt.
- Pour over the crepes in their tin and sprinkle most of the chopped hazelnuts on top. Bake in the hot oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the cream with the remaining 2 tablespoons Frangelico until you have an aereated soft floppiness, and put into a bowl, sprinkling with the last of the chopped hazelnuts. This luscious cream is a must alongside the sweet, buttery, heavenly crepes.