Recipe of the Week: Sausage, Lemon and Sage Parpadelle
Impress your dinner guests with this fantastic pasta dish courtesy of Weight Watchers.
For the ideal finishing touch, sprinkle this pasta dish with 10g(¼ oz) grated Parmesan cheese per person for an extra 1 ProPoints value per serving.
- Serves 4
- 10 ProPoints values per serving
- 41 Propoints values per recipe
- 25 minutes in total
- Freezing (sausage sauce only)
- 250g (9 oz) dried pappardelle pasta
- Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 1 red onion, diced finely
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 fresh sage leaves, chopped finely
- 6 x 57g (2 oz) extra lean sausages
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 300ml (10 fl oz) chicken stock
- 60g (2oz) soured cream
- Grated zest of ½ a lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, add the pasta and cook according to packet instructions until al dente. Drain and leave in the colander over the sink
- Meanwhile, spray a non stick frying pan with the cooking spray and cook the red onion, garlic and half the sage for 3-4 minutes. Squeeze the sausages from their skins and add to the pan. Using a wooden spoon, break up the sausage meat and cook for 5 minutes until brown
- Add the tomato puree and cook for 1 minute then stir in the chicken stock and bubble for 5 minutes. Stir in the soured cream, remaining sage and lemon zest and check seasoning. Stir in the pasta and serve immediately in bowls.
Easy, nutritious and something different. For more delicious Weight Watchers meals, simply click here. Like the Weight Watchers Facebook page for lots more delicious recipes, tips, motivation and support. To find your local Weight Watchers class click here.