Several young people admitted to hospital after taking ‘psychoactive substance’ at Cork house party
Emergency services were called to the house party in the early hours of this morning.
Several young people experienced 'serious side-effects' and had to be admitted to Cork University Hospital after ingesting a ‘psychoactive substance’ at a house party in Cork.
The HSE today issued a statement confirming that emergency services had been called to a house party in Cork in the early hours of this morning and warned about the dangers of consuming possibly contaminated ‘party pills’.
Details in relation to the substance consumed are not yet available but, according to the HSE statement, it is thought to have been one of the New Psychoactive Substances similar to those products previously sold in ‘Head-shops’.
The statement also advised that there is no quality control on these drugs, there are problems with purity and contaminants and there is no way of checking that what is purchased or consumed is the intended substance.
You can read the HSE statement in full here and if you have concerns around drug use please contact the confidential HSE Drugs & Alcohol Helpline at freephone 1800 459 459 or email email@example.com.
Information can also be accessed at www.drugs.ie.