8 years ago
Tasty and easy to make protein recipes: Chicken stir-fry
Quick, tasty and incredibly easy to make.
Ingredients (for two servings):
- 3 chicken fillets
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 cup of brown rice or basmati rice (dry)
- 1 tablespoon of soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon of crushed ginger
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 50g of sliced mushrooms
- Chop up the chicken, peppers, onion and garlic.
- In a saucepan, boil the brown rice or basmati rice and when it has come to the boil, reduce the heat to medium.
- Heat up a wok or frying pan and add the teaspoon of coconut oil. Allow the wok or pan to heat up for two minutes and then add the chopped chicken.
- Cook the chicken until it's tender and slightly brown and set aside.
- Add the peppers, onion, and sliced mushrooms to the wok or pan and begin to cook.
- Crush the clove of garlic and mix it together in a bowl with the crushed ginger and a tablespoon of soya souce.
- When mixed together, pour over the vegetables in the wok or the frying pan.
- Add the chicken to the pan along with the vegetables and continue to cook for approximately 2-3 minutes.
- When ready, serve on top of a bed of the brown or basmati rice and your dish is ready to eat.