6 years ago
Tasty and easy to make protein recipes: Strawberry-flavoured protein pancakes
A dish that works for breakfast, after dinner, post workout... or any other time of the day for that matter.
Ingredients (for a serving of approximately four pancakes):
- 1 Scoop of Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Casein (Creamy Vanilla flavour)
- Coconut oil (used to oil the frying pan)
- 3 egg whites
- A punnet of fresh strawberries
- 60ml of milk
- A little bit of cinnamon
- Blend the Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Casein , egg whites, milk, cinnamon and strawberries in a bowl, until the consistency of the mixture is smooth.
- Heat the frying pan until very hot and then turn the heat down to a medium setting before adding enough coconut oil (approximately 1 teaspoon) to cover the pan with a thin base.
- Pour the mixture onto the pan and cook at a medium heat setting until the mixture begins to appear dry on top and the edges begin to turn brown.
- Flip the pancake over, using a spatula if necessary, and cook the other side of the pancake, which should be ready to eat after approximately two minutes.