This is for everyone who thinks sweating off a hangover is a good idea 7 years ago

This is for everyone who thinks sweating off a hangover is a good idea

It's not.

You have a few options when you wake up with a hangover; lay in bed and hope it goes away, destroy your phone, trek to the shop for a breakfast roll and pray that works, or go to the gym and sweat it out.

Advertisement

The latter is seen as a logical solution by so many people but apparently it's doing more harm than good and it'll make you smell bad.

yousmellfunnyjonny.gif

According to DrinkAware.ie, it's your liver that gets rid of most of the alcohol in your body, around 90%, and the remaining 5-10% not metabolised is released through urine, breath and sweat.

That means a little bit of alcohol can be sweated out, but a big workout won't cure your hangover any quicker and it'll make you smell a lot worse.

Advertisement

DrinkAware say plenty of water and light exercise can help ease your pain, but they warn not to overdo it. Tell your friends.

Info via DrinkAware.ie.