The 10 best beaches in Ireland, as named by Lonely Planet
Ireland is a fairly stunning country, and thank God for that because it looks like we'll be facing another summer of staycations in 2021.
And look, that's fine, we can make it work. There are still plenty of places all of us have probably yet to visit on our glorious island, including many of its beaches.
Naturally, any kind of coastal activities in this country are weather permitting, but if you don't mind a little drizzle here and there, take note of Lonely Planet's latest list of the best beaches in Ireland and make yourself some glorious plans for the summer.
This list is not in any kind of order; it is simply a list of very nice beaches across the county, beaches we will absolutely be hitting up once restrictions lift and it is safe to do so.
1. Dog’s Bay/Gurteen Bay, Co Galway
2. Trá Mór, Dunfanaghy, Co Donegal
3. Keem Bay, Achill, Co Mayo
4. Streedagh Strand, Co Sligo
5. Inch Strand, Co Kerry
6. Banna Strand, Co Kerry
7. Trawmore Bay, Achill Island, Co Mayo
8. Ballyquin Beach, Ardmore, Co Waterford
9. Ballymastocker Bay, Co Donegal
10. Killiney Beach, Co Dublin