These were the 20 most-borrowed books from Irish libraries last year
Do you know the joys of a library card?
The Local Government Management Agency (LGMA) has released its annual data on which books are most popular in Irish libraries.
Even after all these years, the most popular book overall remains Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, the first in the Harry Potter series — first published in 1997. The second and third book in Rowling's beloved series were also on the list.
The overall top 20 was dominated by children's books, and also featured.
David Walliams and Jeff Kinney feature prominently, with a few Roald Dahl classics also on the list.
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Old School by Jeff Kinney
The BFG by Roald Dahl
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by JK Rowling
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by JK Rowling
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Double Down by Jeff Kinney
Awful Auntie by David Walliams
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Hard Luck by Jeff Kinney
Wonder by RJ Palacio
James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl
Ratburger by David Walliams
Matilda by Roald Dahl
The World's Worst Children by David Walliams
Gangsta Granny by David Walliams
Fantastic Mr Fox by Roald Dahl
Demon Dentist by David Walliams
Diary of a Wimpy: The Third Wheel by Jeff Kinney
Grandpa's Great Escape by David Walliams
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever by Jeff Kinney
Under the Hawthorn Tree by Marita Conlon-McKenna
The LGMA also published a breakdown of the most-borrowed adult books, where Solar Bones by Irish author Mike McCormack finished top.
1. Solar Bones by Mike McCormack
2. Holding by Graham Norton
3. Lying in Wait by Liz Nugent
4. Guinness World Records 2018 by Guinness World Records 2018
5. The Break by Marian Keyes
6. The Midnight Line (Jack Reacher 22) by Lee Child
7. Woman in the Window by A J Finn
8. The Long Gaze Back: An Anthology of Irish Women Writers edited by Sinead Gleeson
9. Skin Deep by Liz Nugent
10. The Plan byAoife Hearne
11. Night School (Jack Reacher 21) by Lee Child
12. The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena
13. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
14. Karl Henry's Healthy Living Handbook by Karl Henry
15. Driver Theory Test by Road Safety Authority
16. The Wrong Side of Goodbye by Michael Connelly
17. Days Without End by Sebastian Barry
18. Mindful Walking: Walk Your Way to Mental and Physical Well-Being by Hugh O’Donovan
19. The Whistler by John Grisham
20. Smile by Roddy Doyle