Airbnb users in Dublin can take advantage of this fantastic new feature
Users of Airbnb are about to get access to a new feature which will improve their stay in Dublin.
A new development by the company, simply titled Experiences, will allow visitors to get a look at the not-overly-tourist'y spots of the city that they otherwise may not have realised were there.
Dublin is the 28th city to incorporate Trips into the Airbnb service, and was announced by Airbnb’s Chief Marketing Officer Jonathan Mildenhall at Oscailte, the company’s annual gathering of Irish hosts at the Airbnb Dublin office on Hanover Quay.
Experiences available at the moment range from €22 to €134, and cover a whole host of potentially unique outings, including:
- The Liberties By Day: Explore Dublin’s historic neighbourhoods and hidden gems, and sample artisan products from cookie companies, freshly baked breads and the most delicious sausage rolls in Dublin
- An Untold Story: Join the ultimate walking tour of historic queer Dublin hosted by an activist and historian, as he explores the social-cultural and political life of LGBTQ Dublin
- Exploring Costume: Get a unique behind the scenes perspective on the workings of the Abbey Theatre costume department. After a backstage adventure, you’ll gain unprecedented access from the Head of Costume, who will talk you through her costume design process, allowing you unique access to sketchbooks, costume fitting pictures and the finished product
- Food Styling Workshop: Step inside a food styling workshop where you’ll learn to shoot from the best angles with light and shadow tips from a renowned international food stylist who has worked with some of the biggest names in the Irish food scene
- Folk Songs in Dublin: Gain insider access into the Dublin folk scene and local music pubs with a local musician
Also, if you would like to set up a new Experience yourself for people visiting Dublin, you can do so here.