All 144 Aldi stores in Ireland to extend opening hours on Christmas week
Aldi stores across the country will be opening earlier and closing later in the run up to Christmas.
Aldi has announced that it will be extending the opening hours of 144 stores across the country on Christmas week this year.
Aldi said that the move is to ensure that all shoppers can do their shopping as quickly and as safely as possible, at a time that suits them best.
Extended opening hours will come into effect on Friday, 18 December, when stores will open at 9am and close at 10pm.
From then until Wednesday 23 December, stores will open at either 8am or 9am and close at 10pm or 11pm.
On Christmas Eve, Thursday 24 December, Aldi stores will open at 8am and close at 7pm.
Full details can be seen below; Aldi said that opening hours will vary for a small number of stores and advised customers to check their local store here for details.
This year will mark the first time that Aldi stores across the country will be open at 8am on Christmas week.
Aldi Extended Christmas Opening Hours
Friday 18 December: 9am to 10pm
Saturday 19 December: 9am to 10pm
Sunday 20 December: 8am to 10pm
Monday 21 December: 8am to 11pm
Tuesday 22 December: 8am to 11pm
Wednesday 23 December: 8am to 11pm
Thursday 24 December: 8am to 7pm
Aldi has also implemented a series of safety measures across its 144 Irish stores including:
- A traffic light system which continuously counts the number of customers entering and exiting the store, showing a green light for capacity and a red light when capacity has been reached, to ensure appropriate social distancing.
- Clear markers showing the space customers must maintain if required to queue for a short time before entering the stores.
- Clear protective screens at every till.
- Clear markings to show the two metre distance customers should maintain when paying for shopping at the checkouts.
- A self-service cleaning station upon entry to stores for cleaning both trolleys and baskets.
- Hand sanitiser for customers at the entrance to stores.
- The transaction limit on contactless payments has been increased to up to €50.
Commenting on the extended opening hours, Niall O’Connor, Aldi Group Managing Director, said: “Providing a safe environment for our customers and staff is our number one priority. We are extending our opening hours this Christmas to make sure more shoppers can avail of our unbeatable range and prices and safely pick up everything they need.
“The vast majority of our stores will be open from 8am-11pm during Christmas week to spread the demand and allow customers shop when suits them best.
“Our stores will be fully stocked with daily deliveries, often multiple times a day, with all of our award-wining products so customers can rest assured they will find everything they need for a special Christmas at Aldi.”