The best burger in Ireland has been revealed ahead of National Burger Day
Ever try a burger in any of these places?
Sligo's independent burger shop Flipside is home to the best burger in Ireland for 2021, according to Kepak - sponsors of National Burger Day.
The announcement comes ahead of National Burger Day on Thursday, 12 August, which will see participating outlets across the country offering a special two-for-one deal on their signature burgers.
For every burger purchased and a photo shared online with the hashtag #nationalburgerday, a meal will be donated to Simon Communities across the country, with over 14,000 meals donated in 2020 as part of the campaign.
Hundreds of Irish food businesses are taking part, with a full list of participating outlets available here.
Over the past month, almost 20,000 Irish burger enthusiasts cast their vote for the most mouth-watering burger in Ireland.
With over 450 burger outlets to choose from, Flipside - which opened its doors in 2018 - has been awarded the title of the best burger in the country.
“We are absolutely delighted to have won Best Burger at the National Burger Day awards and very grateful to our customers for all their support,” Paul Brennan of Flipside said.
“It has been a tough period for hospitality, with so much turbulence and uncertainty in our industry, so this award means a huge amount to us.
"Having just reopened our doors as a dine-in restaurant following 18 months operating as a takeaway, we are delighted to have now put Sligo firmly on the national burger map.
"Winning this accolade is a rewarding public acknowledgment of our hard work and a big boost for our small but brilliant team."
Other winners of this year’s awards include Dublin’s well-known Thunder Road Café, which won Best Burger in a Restaurant, and Harry’s in Galway which took home the Best Burger in a Pub award.
For the full list of winners, see below.
Best burger in Ireland
- Overall Winner: Flipside, Sligo
Best burger at a…
- Restaurant: Thunder Road Café, Dublin
- Hotel: Hotel Killarney, Kerry
- Pub: Harry’s, Galway
- National Fast Food Chain: Burger King at Apple Green
- Convenience/Forecourt: Station Burger at Apple Green
- Independent Fast-Food Chain: Blue Thunder, Claremorris, Mayo
- Independent Takeaway: Tony's Pizzeria, Dundalk, Louth
Best Independent Takeaway
- Connaught: Cafolla’s in Castlebar, Mayo
- Leinster: Fairview Grill, Dublin
- Munster: Lixnaw Chipper, Kerry
- Ulster: Johnny’s Ranch, Donegal
- Northern Ireland: The Pizza Shack & Burger Bar, Newry, Armagh
Best Takeaway Chain
- Connaught: Blue Thunder, Westport, Mayo
- Leinster: Burger Boxx, Ashbourne, Meath
- Munster: Bun Bros, Ennis, Clare
- Ulster: Friar’s Rest, Letterkenny, Donegal
Best Gourmet Burger Specialist
- Connaught: Cian’s on Bridge Street, Westport, Mayo
- Leinster: Gaelic Burger, Kildare (foodtruck)
- Munster: O’Reilly’s Foodtruck, Cork (foodtruck)
- Ulster: Burger Burger, Dungannon