The best Christmas markets in the world for 2019 have been named
If you're in the market... for a market.
Even if you are the biggest Scrooge McGrinch going, nobody can deny that Christmas markets aren't one of the highlights of the festive season.
All those weird huts selling homemade decorations, or the smell of hotdogs and mulled wine, everyone is wearing their warmest clothes and there is probably an ice-rink nearby.
It is eclectic and jammers and just a real good Christmassy time.
Travel specialists Big 7 have named their 50 (50!) best Christmas markets in the world and Europe is ALL over the list, but there isn't one Irish mention on there.
The closest ones for us are in Edinburgh and two more in the UK that actually made it into the top 10.
You can check out the full list of 50 here, or just the best of the best below:
10. Toronto Christmas Market – Toronto, Canada
9. Aachener Weihnachtsmarkt – Aachen, Germany
8. Manchester Christmas Market – Manchester, England
7. Christkindlmarket Chicago – Chicago, Illinois, USA
6. Santurantikuy Market – Cusco, Peru
5. Stellenbosch Slow Market – Stellenbosch, South Africa
4. Christmas Village Belvedere Palace – Vienna, Austria
3. Zagreb Advent – Zagreb, Croatia
2. Birmingham’s Frankfurt Christmas Market – Birmingham, England
1. Christkindlmarkt – Leavenworth, Washington, USA