Deliveroo is looking for someone to eat takeaways and review them
Know anyone that fits the bill?
Deliveroo is on the lookout for some food savvy individuals to test out different takeaways on its app and then write reviews on the experience.
The company said it’s on the hunt for a food ‘Rooviewer’ from Ireland who will be given a year’s worth of free credit to taste test menus in return for feedback.
We would say hiring, but you don't get paid cash for the role, instead you're given €30 worth of Deliveroo vouchers every week for a year, and you must write about each takeaway you order.
In order to be considered for the role, Deliveroo has set out the following requirements for applicants. They must:
- Have experience in eating all food types.
- Be willing to try different cuisines.
- Have a palette for savoury and sweet, spicy and saucy.
- Have a familiarity with high-street chains as well as a desire to sample local independents.
- Have a sense of culinary adventure.
- Have the ability to translate a great foodie experience into written or visual recommendations/critique.
The person chosen for the role will then be required to:
- Provide written reviews of restaurants and food experiences.
- Capture images and video content of them taste testing dishes, to potentially be used on the Deliveroo blog and social channels over the course of a year.
“Great food is there to be discovered and we want to help more people find it," Arabella Jenkins at Deliveroo said.
"We know our customers love food, everything from local favourites to high-street staples, so this is an opportunity for any Deliveroo devotees with a good palette and a taste for great food to trial new, mind-blowing meals.
"In the past year, we’ve welcomed over a thousand new restaurants on the platform, now we need a curious connoisseur who ‘gets’ food as much as we do, to hero the hidden gems and help us in our year of food discovery.”
Applications for the role are open until 17 March for anyone in the Republic of Ireland over the age of 18 and more information can be found here.