Dublin Fire Brigade rescue mother and baby from locked bedroom as pot boils on the stove
Every parent's worst nightmare.
Dublin Fire Brigade services from Kilbarrack rescued a mother and baby from a bedroom after the lock on the door failed.
Adding to the drama was the detail that a pot was boiling on the stove downstairs.
In a tweet on their official Twitter page the DFB noted that they "recommend locksmiths for most lock in/out cases," but that they are prepared to help out in emergencies such as this one.
"When there is a real and immediate risk to safety we will of course help out," the tweet noted.
A tweet captured the moment that two firemen managed to rescue mammy and baby through the window. A major relief.
Kilbarrack’s D Watch came to the rescue when a bedroom lock failed trapping Mum & baby inside, with a pot on the stove downstairs. We recommend locksmiths for most lock in/out cases, however when there is a real and immediate risk to safety we will of course help out. pic.twitter.com/48zZ0gEyIy
— Dublin Fire Brigade (@DubFireBrigade) August 10, 2019