EU are giving free InterRail tickets to young Irish travellers from today, but you better act fast
Fancy going on a trip around Europe?
Fancy your ticket costing you absolutely nothing? Of course you do! Well, now is your chance to do it.
140 InterRail tickets have become available for Irish 18-year-olds, so if you want to nab one, you better be quick.
There were 15,000 tickets made available all across EU member states, and Ireland received a lucky 140 of those.
The new set up is part of a preliminary EU initiative, looking to promote Europe to young people.
Irish MEP Brian Hayes said: "This is a great opportunity for young Irish people to explore Europe. There are many routes available including Lisbon to Paris or Brussels to Rome.
"The Irish ticket allocation may be small now but there are already plans to increase the number of tickets in future years if the project proves successful."
You can only apply if you:
- are 18 years old on 1 July 2018 (born between 2 July 1999 and 1 July 2000 included);
- have the nationality of one of the 28 Member States of the European Union;
- fill in your ID or passport number on the online application form;
- start your journey in one of the EU 28 Member States;
- plan to start your travel between 9 July and 30 September 2018;
- plan to travel between 1 day and up to 30 days inclusive;
- plan to travel to at least 1 and up to 4 foreign country destinations within the EU;
- are willing to become a DiscoverEU Ambassador.
If you want to find out more, or apply for a ticket, visit here.