Scientist creates algorithm that predicts who is most likely to die in Game Of Thrones' final season
There is a very surprising entry at the top of the list.
Math! HUH! What is it good for? Absolutely nothi- Well... lots of things, really. And one of those things is figuring out who is most likely to die in the upcoming and final season of Game Of Thrones.
We've got less than a year until we get to enjoy the final six - SIX, ONLY! - episodes of the hit show, and while many characters have bloodily hit the floor over the years, all eyes are still on who will be still be standing once the end credits roll for a final time.
Boston-based data scientist Taylor Larkin created an algorithm using an automated learning machine - which, by itself, sounds like what will eventually kill us all - to go through the show's previous series, examining all 2,000 characters on the series' Wiki page, and used the following factors to determine how likely they were to die:
- Gender: females are less likely to die than males, because it is usually males who get wiped out in big battle scenes
- Age: the older you are, the more likely you are to die in the show
- House: some families and banners are more likely to raise your chances of dying, we're looking at you House Targaryen
- Nobility Status: the higher your position of power, the more likely people will want you dead
- How Many Family Members Have Died: if a lot of your family is still alive, you're more likely to die, but if you're the last of your family still standing, chances are you'll stay that way
So using all of those factors, and... y'know... math, Larkin came up with the following list for likelihood of deaths in the eighth and final season of Game Of Thrones:
- Daenerys Targaryen - 83.77%
- Jaime Lannister - 72.91%
- Tyrion Lannister - 70.76%
- Bran Stark - 66.02%
- Cersei Lannister - 60.39%
- Jon Snow - 58.99%
- Euron Greyjoy - 54.95%
- Sansa Stark - 50.28%
- Arya Stark - 49.04%
- Gendry - 39.87%
If you're thinking "Gendry? Really?", then you need to read this.
Otherwise, whether or not any of this comes to pass - Please, no! Not Dany! - we've already reported that the final season has broken a world record for biggest battle scene ever, so there's a good chance NOBODY will make it out of this alive. And not even the automated learning machine could see that one coming...