Here's how you can get the most out of your annual leave days in 2018
About that time of year again when we all wish we were teachers.
Having to allocate your limited holiday days to certain times throughout the year can be heart-breaking. But, they don't have to be.
You can maximise your time off in 2018 once you're smart about where you use up your precious annual leave days. There's a method to our madness, hear us out.
This works by taking into consideration the full list of bank holidays 2018 has to offer:
- Monday 1 January - New Year's Day
- Monday 19 March - St Patrick's Day Bank Holiday
- Friday 30 March - Good Friday (not a public holiday)
- Monday 2 April - Easter Monday
- Monday 7 May - May Bank Holiday
- Monday 4 June - June Bank Holiday
- Monday 6 August - August Bank Holiday
- Monday 29 October - October Bank Holiday
- Tuesday 25 December - Christmas Day
- Wednesday 26 December - St Stephen's Day
These days are (thankfully) set in stone, giving everyone the day off. But, as it happens, there's a little wiggle room in April that can help you to get some downtime in.
Easter falls early this year which means you can use up three bank holidays in a row off work. This in turn means that if you work your last day on Friday, 16 March you won't come back in until 3 April.
Get 17 days off for eight annual leave days. What's not to love?
Now, just get booking that holiday before prices go up.