We're hiring – Maximum Media is on the hunt for Digital Producers
Come and join us...
Digital publishing has changed the way we consume media and it's about to ramp up again with this exciting opportunity.
Maximum Media is looking to hire a team of media producers with a range of different experience levels (minimum 3 years industry experience) to join our growing audio/visual production wing.
If you're someone who has experience of producing radio or television programs these roles would be of particular interest.
*Gigantic beard not a pre-requisite.*
Maximum Media is world-class digital publisher with 110 staff working across the UK and Ireland.
It houses four of Ireland’s most popular digital media brands – JOE.ie, SportsJOE.ie, Her.ie and HerFamily.ie – which collectively welcome over 11 million unique users per month.
Maximum Media has built strong partnerships with Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter and Instagram. More people follow our brands on Facebook and Twitter than any other company in Ireland.
Maximum Media is dedicated to its readers and passionate about creating content you want to share with your friends and, as a result, more people follow our brands on Facebook and Twitter than any other company.
In March 2015, the company launched in the UK and already employs 30 staff in offices in London and Manchester. Growing at a rate of knots, JOE Media in the UK currently welcomes over 10 million unique users to its websites per month and has a social audience of over 5 million.
The role - Maximum Media Digital Producer
On a given day the person will be required to:
- Co-ordinate/plan audio and video programming.
- Meet deadlines to produce outstanding audio/visual content.
- React quickly to trends and stories to produce topical, relevant and compelling content that users will want to share.
- Be really good at Connect 4.
- Create and manage content in line with the JOE tone and brand values.
- Maintain and ensure excellent digital output across the board.
- Manage talent.
- Project manage and lead.
- Work with Editorial management to devise content seeding plans.
- Publish content to Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, iTunes, YouTube and other platforms.
- Have an excellent understanding of social platforms and their differing needs when serving content to each.
- Understand the talent and resources at your disposal and find ways to get the very best out of them.
- Edit video and audio content.
- Generate content ideas.
- Devise work flows to ensure ideas are brought to fruition.
- Inspire team members.
- Work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
The ideal person:
- Is hard-working.
- Is willing to learn.
- Is very active on social and understands how content works differently on Facebook vs Snapchat vs Twitter vs Instagram vs Website.
- Sets very high standards and inspires high standards in those around them.
- Is willing to roll with the punches whilst constantly evaluating output to ensure excellence.
- Will have a wide variety of interests with the ability to create compelling content in each.
- Loves solving problems.
- Will be able to handle several tasks simultaneously while ensuring accuracy under time constraints.
- Has worked with brands to deliver compelling editorial content.
- Has outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Monitors best practice in leading global publisher.
- Has 3+ years experience producing audio/visual editorial content in a digital or traditional broadcaster
- Has 3+ years experience editing audio/visual content in a digital or traditional broadcaster.
Bonus points if:
- You have a Masters or equivalent qualification in audio/visual production.
- You have completed an intensive producers’ course in a traditional broadcaster.
- You're really good at Connect 4, like we mentioned earlier. It's pretty important.