Ireland's best burger has been revealed ahead of the country's first National Burger Day
There can only be one.
Ireland's best burger has been revealed as thousands of Irish food enthusiasts voted for the most mouth-watering burger in the country.
In the past month alone, almost 17,000 burger fans voted for their favourite out of 500 burger outlets to choose from.
The deserving restaurant which came out on top was none other than gourmet burger restaurant The Hungry Moose in Kilkenny, which is now officially home to the honourable title of best burger in Ireland.
The announcement comes ahead of Ireland’s first ever National Burger Day, Thursday 21 June.
The Hungry Moose is co-owned by former chef to The Rolling Stones, Chris Telford and fellow cook Andy Brown.
Telford, over the years, has also served up dishes to the likes of Paul McCartney, Jay-Z and George Michael, but it seems that the pride of his life is none other than the Kilkenny haunt which has just claimed a national title.
Having opened just nine months ago, The Hungry Moose has firmly positioned itself as a market leader within the industry.
“We are absolutely thrilled to be named the home of the best burger in Ireland," Telford said about the win.
"After only opening the restaurant last year, we are truly speechless. We want to send a huge thank you to all who voted and especially to our loyal and local customers for their encouragement and support. It’s times like these that makes all the hard work worthwhile!”
Other winners on the night were Eddie Rockets, Box Burger and Sun of a Bun.
Full list of winners outlined below:
Best burger in Ireland: The Hungry Moose in Kilkenny
Best National Burger at a:
- Fast Food Chain National: Eddie Rockets
- Fast Food Chain Independent: Matts Takeaway in Donegal
- Restaurant: Thunder Road Café in Dublin
- Hotel: Woodenbridge Hotel in Wicklow
- Pub: The Cross Pub in Drogheda
- Convenience / Forecourt: Burger King at Applegreen in DublinBest Independent Takeaway
- Connaught: Raffaeles Takeaway in Tubbercurry
- Leinster: Mullen’s in Dundalk
- Munster: Miss Ellies Takeaway in Clonmel
- Ulster: Friars Rest in Letterkenny
- Northern Ireland: The Chippy in Limavaddy
- Connaught: Blue Thunder in Claremorris
- Leinster: Silvios in Dublin
- Munster: Dooly’s in Waterford
- Ulster: PG Chips in Dungannon
Best Gourmet Burger Specialist in:
- Connaught: Handsome Burger in Galway
- Leinster: Box Burger in Bray
- Munster: Sun of a Bun in Cork
- Ulster: Meat box in Castlerock