Irish Rail announce late-night Christmas services for DART and commuter lines
Useful info if you're planning on using any of the services over the holidays.
It is always one of the bigger concerns when you're making plans over Christmas and New Year's: can I get where I need to go?
Especially if you happen to be planning on a late night out and don't really want to be spending your money on a taxi home. Or maybe you do? Maybe you love chatting away to the taxi driver on the way home, and if you do, more power to you.
But if you would rather plan ahead, you'll be happy to hear that Irish Rail have given details on their December and New Year's operation times, with late-night services operating on Fridays and Saturdays throughout the month of December.
December 6, 7, 13, 14, 20 and 21
- 00:30hrs and 01.30hrs from Dublin Connolly serving all stations to Greystones
- 00:30hrs and 01.30hrs from Dublin Pearse serving all stations to Howth
- 00:40hrs and 01.40hrs from Dublin Pearse serving Tara Street, Dublin Connolly and all stations from Howth Junction to Dundalk
Kildare Phoenix Park Tunnel services
- 00:50hrs and 01.50hrs from Dublin Pearse serving Tara Street, Dublin Connolly, Drumcondra and all stations from Park West/Cherry Orchard to Kildare
- 00:20hrs and 01.55hrs Dublin Pearse serving all stations to Maynooth
For the big holiday days in question, here is the breakdown:
- Regular Intercity timetable until 21:00hrs with a few alterations
- Commuter services will operate on a Saturday timetable until 21:00hrs
Christmas Day and Stephen's Day
- No service will operate across the network
Friday 27 to Tuesday 31 December
- Normal services will operate on Intercity with a few alterations
- Commuter services will operate on a Saturday timetable
Additionally, New Year's Eve will see commuter services operate on a Saturday timetable until 9pm, when the late-night services will begin.
And finally, New Year's Day DART services will operate on a Sunday timetable all day.