This is the perfect app to make you feel better about Ireland's shitty weather
Weather in Ireland is always a bit of a mixed bag with the only thing you can be certain of is the fact that the weather will be uncertain.
You can listen to the weather forecast, but that will often sugarcoat the truth. They'll tell you there'll be sunny spells and you'll believe them and leave the house without your rain jacket only to end up being drowned in a shower 45 seconds later.
If you're looking for a weather app to tell you exactly what it's like outside, then What The Forecast is the app for you.
On it's website, it's described as:
"What the Forecast?!! lets you view your weather accurately and honestly. No Really... It sucks outside and I intend to let you know it."
There's an option to turn off or limit the number of profanities that are used on the app, but we find the whole thing a lot more fun with them on.
The app is available on iOS and Android and is well worth a download if you're looking for something a little different.
The app features:
- Over 4857 obnoxious phrases describing the current weather conditions.
- Switchable profanity settings (On, Some, Off).
- Highly accurate weather reports directly from Forecast.io.
- Daily forecasts for 7 days.
- Hourly forecasts for 48 hours.
- Precipitation forecasts for the next hour.
- Weather alerts from NOAA.
- Backgrounds and precipitation that match the time of year and weather.
- U.S. or international units.
- Description of weather terms used in the app.