The perfect turkey curry recipe to try this Christmas
The perfect solution to your Christmas Day leftovers problem with this delicious turkey curry recipe.
It's St. Stephen's Day, you're tired, you were up late drinking cans or sherry or whatever you were having yourself, and the last thing you want to do is think about what you're having for dinner.
Well, fret no longer, dear friends, as we've got a cracking turkey curry recipe straight from our friends at McDonnells to get you through the post-Christmas malaise.
You can throw this one together in roughly half an hour, leaving you plenty of time to watch Elf, Home Alone or Willy Wonka for the fifth or sixth time in the space of a week.
Oh, and needless to say, this works equally well with chicken for anyone daring to be a little bit different this festive season.
- 200g McDonnells Curry Sauce
- 500g leftover turkey
- 800ml water
- 200ml coconut milk
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 25g cranberry sauce
- 1 diced red pepper
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil for frying
- A dollop of creme fraiche for serving
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and place the chopped onion and pieces of leftover turkey in a pan for 2-3 minutes.
- Place the McDonnells Curry Sauce powder in a saucepan, add the water, bring to the boil and then simmer for five minutes.
- Add in the coconut milk, cranberry sauce and sweet chilli sauce to the pan. Stir and simmer for two more minutes.
- Combine the McDonnells Curry Sauce, the leftover turkey, onion and pepper and cook gently for 20 minutes.
- Best served with Basmati rice and a dollop of creme fraiche.
This recipe should comfortably serve four people, but better again if there are fewer of you so you can easily go back for seconds.
Don't forget to follow McDonnells on Facebook and keep an eye out for more delicious recipes.