The shortlist for the best breakfasts in Ireland has been revealed
Ever eaten in any of these places?
The shortlist for the 2020 Georgina Campbell Irish Breakfast Awards has been announced.
This year's awards take place on 17 February at the InterContinental Dublin with plenty of competition for the top prize in various categories.
Run in association with Fáilte Ireland, the mouthwatering awards honour the very best in Irish hospitality and food, with the staple that is the Irish Breakfast serving up quite a bit of public interest.
Almost 40 names have been shortlisted across the 17 Award categories which include Irish Breakfast Menu of The Year, Irish Breakfast Food Awards, Ireland’s Best Brunch, Best Irish B&B Breakfast and Best Irish Breakfast at a five-star hotel.
The shortlist below excludes brunch places - which will go to a public vote - and Ireland’s best breakfast menu.
- Carlow: Huntington Castle, Clonegal
- Clare: Trump International Golf Links & Hotel, Doonbeg
- Clare: Vaughan Lodge, Lahinch
- Clare:Sheedy’s Doolin Boutique B&B, Doolin
- Cork: Eccles Hotel, Glengarriff
- Cork: Good Day Deli, Cork city
- Cork: McCarthy’s Of Kanturk, Kanturk
- Cork: Lancaster Lodge, Cork city
- Derry: Ardtara Country House, Maghera
- Donegal: Danny Minnies Country House, Annagry
- Donegal: Filligans, Glenties
- Down: Hillsborough Cafe and Stableyard Tearooms, Hillsborough Castle and Gardens
- Dublin: Stauntons on the Green
- Dublin: The Wilder Townhouse
- Dublin: The Commons at MoLI
- Fermanagh: Lough Erne Resort, Enniskillen
- Galway: The Quay House, Clifden
- Kerry: Heatons Guesthouse, Dingle
- Kerry: The Killeen House Hotel, Killarney
- Kerry: Quinlan’s Fish, Caherciveen
- Kildare: Cliff at Lyons in Celbridge
- Kilkenny: Avalon House Hotel, Castlecomer
- Louth: Belview Eggs, Drogheda
- Mayo: Rua Cafe & Deli, Castlebar
- Tipperary: Ashley Park House, Nenagh
- Tipperary: The Apple Farm, Cahir
- Waterford: The Little Milk Company, Dungarvan
- Wicklow: Powerscourt Hotel Resort & Spa, Enniskerry