Two years ago today, the most iconic event in recorded Irish history took place
Where were you when Teresa was breaking the internet?
It was 5 December 2015, and RTE News cut to their intrepid reporter out in the wilds of "the west and the north west" of the country as it was battered by some insane weather courtesy of Storm Desmond.
This brought us into 120 seconds of some the greatest modern television anyone, anywhere, has ever seen.
The particular highlights include, but are in no way limited to:
- "This is all about the rain."
- "Stay away from that stretch of motorway! Its treacherous!"
- The random cut-away to a man standing silently, before then cutting back to Teresa.
- "Don't take risks on treacherous roads!"
- "And don't swim in the sea!"
- When speaking of people who actually did swim in the sea - "Galway council say their actions are ... idiotic!"
- How exactly the anchor-woman managed to keep a straight face while talking to Teresa is beyond us.
And, of course,
- "DON'T MAKE UNNECESSARY JOURNEYS!"
Obviously, Mannion went on to become a bit of a phenomenon, with her interview getting the YouTube remix treatment, which also went viral, and she went on to become a contestant in Ireland's 2017 edition of Dancing With The Stars.
In recent weeks, there has been a bit of a trend on Twitter, with people asking "Name a bitch badder than Taylor Swift".
We can go one better: "Name a woman more iconic than Teresa May."
We'll help you out. There isn't one.