These are the top 10 skills that Irish employers seek the most
Is your job here?
A recent survey by LinkedIn, the world's largest professional network on the Internet, has revealed the skills that are most sought after by employers in Ireland and 17 other countries.
Cloud and Distributed Computing topped the Irish list for the second year in a row – it was also the most in demand skill globally. The annual list is developed by analysing all of the recruiting activity on LinkedIn since January, and uncovers several trends about the Irish job market. Demand remains high for tech skills like Cloud Distributed Computing (No. 1), and Statistical Analysis and Data Mining (No. 2). This is due to the fact that tech skills are no longer confined to the tech industry; they are needed in nearly every industry and county in the country.
Here's the list in full;
1) Cloud and Distributed Computing (no change)
2) Statistical Analysis and Data Mining (no change)
3) Web Architecture and Development Framework (up three places from 2015)
4) Network and Information Security (up one place from 2015)
5) SEO/SEM Marketing (fell two places since 2015)
6) Marketing Campaign Management (new entry)
7) Software Revision Control Systems (up three places from 2015)
8) Middleware and Integration Software (fell four places since 2015)
9) Mobile Development (fell one place since 2015)
10) Recruiting (up six places from 2015)