Video: Car crash compilation proves that owning a fast car doesn’t make you a race car driver
Here’s a look at all the various car crashes recorded on the Nordschleife track at the Nürburgring over 2013. Prepare for car carnage…
Some people think that spending €100k or more on a super fast car will automatically give them the driving skill of Sebastian Vettel or Michael Schumacher, but as this compilation show us, a lot of people with fast cars think they’re better at driving than they actually are...
There are a few normal Joe Soaps featured in the video too who crash their everyday motors into the Nürburgring’s crash barriers and as we’ve seen before, replacing said barriers can be a costly process.
Here’s a look ‘optional extras price list’ for the Nürburgring in case you’ve never seen it.
- Removing damaged crash barrier: €10/metre (x2 or x3 or x4 for multiple-height sections)
- Replacement crash barrier: €31/metre (x2 or x3 for double/triple height)
- Removing damaged barrier posts: €5.10 each
- Replacing barrier post: €39 each
- Fee for attendance of crash barrier parts truck: €150
- Recovery truck: €190
- Safety car attendance: €82 per 30 mins (car + 2 people)
- Circuit closure: €1,350 per hour
So as you can see, crashing at the Nürburgring isn’t exactly cheap…