We're hiring – JOE.ie is on the hunt for a new Editor
Want the chance to be the best? The very best that you can be? Well, here at JOE.ie we’ve got the perfect opportunity just for you...
The award-winning JOE.ie is one of Ireland’s fastest growing websites and we can now boast over 2 million unique users every month, as well as a 225,000 plus strong social media following. That’s like, loads and loads and loads of people.
Due to this remarkable and extensive growth, we now have an exciting new opportunity on the horizon of life... that's a rubbish analogy meaning that we want to give you a full-time job – the job of Editor no less.
We're holding out for a hero here at JOE.ie towers and so the ideal candidate will work alongside our current dedicated, handsome team to bring our readers the news that interests and entertains them – be it sports of any kind (yes, four-legged sprinting is included in that category) films, television, gaming, motors, the latest in men’s fashion and style, fun features and honest opinion pieces.
Most importantly, you'll be taking charge of the fantastic JOE.ie writing team – a great bunch of lads who all have lovely bottoms.
The ideal candidate will also;
- Prepare, rewrite and edit copy, or supervise others who do this work.
- Have a minimum of five years experience in a senior editorial role.
- Read and proof copy to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, and syntax. And remember folks, no
- Plan the content of the site according to JOE's style and editorial policy, while at the same time constantly evolving the aforementioned style and editorial theme.
- Verify facts, dates, and statistics, using standard reference sources. For example, trying to claim that Luis Suarez wants you to be his "strike partner" and that Scarlett Johansson wants you to be her "life partner" are the kind of ridiculous, unfounded statements that just aren't going to cut it at JOE.ie.
- Develop story or content ideas across all sections of the site.
- Confer with management and editorial staff members regarding client content.
- Assign topics, events and stories to individual writers.
- Monitor news-gathering services such as social media, press releases, telephone contacts, radio, television, wire services, and other reporters.
- Must be willing to win loads of awards like 'Best Daily Web Only Publication' at the Web Awards... which JOE.ie has just recently won, coincidentally enough.
So if you think you're a magnificent moustache-growing, beast-fighting, walking-away-from-an-explosion-in-slow-motion kind of individual and you reckon you have what it takes to be the Chuck Norris of website editing, then get applying and send your CV and Cover Letter to Niall.McGarry@MaximumMedia.ie and make sure to write 'JOE.ie Editor Application' in the subject line.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday, February 25, so make sure to send in your CV and Cover Letter before then!