Bob Odenkirk reveals he suffered "a small heart attack" but says he will "be back soon" 1 month ago

Bob Odenkirk reveals he suffered "a small heart attack" but says he will "be back soon"

The Better Call Saul star has said he is going to be okay.

US actor Bob Odenkirk has revealed he suffered "a small heart attack" but has assured fans he will "be back soon".

Advertisement

Earlier in the week, the Better Call Saul star was rushed to hospital after collapsing on the set of the hit show's sixth and final season in New Mexico.

In a statement posted to Twitter on Friday, the 58-year-old actor wrote: "Thank you. To my family and friends who have surrounded me this week. And for the outpouring of love from everyone who expressed concern and care for me.

"It’s overwhelming. But I feel the love and it means so much.

"I had a small heart attack. But I'm going to be ok thanks to Rosa Estrada and the doctors who knew how to fix the blockage without surgery.

"Also, AMC and Sony's support and help throughout this has been next-level. I'm going to take a beat to recover but I'll be back soon."

Advertisement

Odenkirk also appeared in Breaking Bad, of which Better Call Saul is a spin-off, and has had roles in Steven Spielberg's The Post and Greta Gerwig's Little Women. He also starred this year in the hit action movie Nobody.

Earlier on Friday, Odenkirk's Mr. Show and W/ Bob and David co-star David Cross said he had spoken to Odenkirk and that he was "doing great".

He said: "Just got off the phone with Bob and he's doing great! Joking and japing and joshing.

"Both he and his family are overwhelmed with the outpouring of love and concern everyone has shown. You will be hearing from him soon. But he's doing really well."

Advertisement